I was very pleasantly surprised to be awarded the One Lovely Blog badge by my friend Susan. If you are awarded the badge, you are asked to write a post with seven facts about yourself and then nominate up to 15 other bloggers. So here are my seven facts:
1) I’m from a huge family! I have so many cousins, siblings, aunts and uncles that I often lose count of how many family members I have. It’s crazy but my husband Toby hasn’t actually met everyone in my family yet. I love being part of a large family and wouldn’t have it any other way.
2) Every year I write a ‘Big list of 10’ and note down 10 things that I would like to do that year. They are all fun things and not tasks or ‘to do’ items. I’ll write another post sharing my list for this year which includes things such as horse riding and learning French.
3) I love to sing and am in a gospel choir which is a branch of a larger group of singers called Singology. We recorded an album last year. It was an amazing experience.
4) The last book I read was Flappers by Judith Mackrell. I loved it as it completely surprised me and wasn’t what I was expecting. Full review to follow! (This post is giving me lots of ideas for future posts!)
5) I love, love, love music. I’m pretty eclectic in my tastes but my favourite type of music is RnB and soul with favourite artists including Jill Scott, Maxwell and John Legend.
6) The last concert I went to was The Saturdays – it was a birthday treat for my 9 year old niece. She loved it and we had the best time. It was a great aunty and niece bonding experience.
7) I celebrate my 10 year wedding anniversary with my gorgeous husband Toby this year. We married pretty young and people are usually surprised when I tell them I’ve been married for 10 years.